Doug HALLPartner, Head of Forensic services, Smith & Williamson
Areas of expertise
Quantum expert in commercial disputes, including international arbitrations; professional negligence actions; personal injury, clinical negligence and fatal accident cases.
Doug acts as an expert witness and adviser in a diverse range of disputes, with damages of up to hundreds of millions of pounds.
He takes a ‘hands-on’ role in cases, which enables him to give effective, credible oral evidence.
Doug has given evidence in the High Court and before arbitral tribunals on numerous occasions and has contributed to the successful resolution of disputes by informal settlement negotiations and mediations.
Acting as a quantum expert in:
- contractual disputes in a wide variety of sectors for parties in the UK and from around the world
- numerous post-acquisition disputes including warranty claims and earn-out disputes and advising on causation and valuation issues
- a wide range of claims against professionals, including solicitors and barristers, accountants, valuers and architects
- shareholder and partnership disputes
- intellectual property (IP) disputes.
Admitted into the Academy of Experts, the Expert Witness Institute (EWI) and the Law Society Register of Experts.
You can find Doug at:
- Forensic services