Bruce COLLINSProfessor, QC, Arbitration Chambers
For he last five years has been the Australian Member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris
- Member Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Ad Hoc Panel of Arbitrators for the Asian Games in South Korea
- Member of the Corte Civil y Mercantil de Arbitraje (CIMA) Spain
- Member of ICC Task Forces (the Lex Mercatoria and the Reliability of Oral Evidence)
- Member of the Panel of Arbitrators CEITAC, Chinese Arbitration Association, KLRA Association, HKIAC, LCIA
- appointed as arbitrator by SCC (Stockholm), ICC, LCIA and HKIAC (some as Chairman),
- regularly invited to give speeches and papers at international arbitration events (Delhi, Hong Kong, Taipei, Lisbon, Jakarta, Kathmandu, Lagos, Dubai, Istanbul, Kiev, Beijing and others).
Forty years’ experience in arbitration work. His work as counsel included advising the Australian Government in the WTO proceedings commenced by the Ukraine challenging Australia’s cigarette advertising legislation, treaty work, international arbitration as counsel, for the last several years has been the Australian Olympic Appeals Consultant (summer and winter games), appointed several times as an Independent Commissioner against Corruption by the New South Wales Government, chaired and conducted the New South Wales Government Inquiry into insolvency in the construction industry and reported to the New South Wales Government. He is a commercial lawyer specialising in complex commercial disputes and in complex engineering construction and infrastructure cases. He is interested in and has presented papers on the management of complex commercial and industrial arbitrations. He is a Conjoint Professor at the University of Newcastle devising and presenting the international commercial arbitration course. He has a special academic interest in public international law and was called to the Bar of England and Wales by Lincoln’s Inn.