Alexander POPELYUKPartner, Lidings
Alexander Popelyuk is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution and Bankruptcy and Restructuring practices of Lidings.
His expertise within the firm spans bankruptcy, insolvency proceedings and business restructuring, as well as representing clients’ interests in employment disputes and corporate conflicts, insurance disputes and advising on debt collection issues. Alexander has an extensive experience in advising Russian and international companies from different industrial sectors, mainly from oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, manufacturing, IT and electronics, as well as major financial institutions and energy sector companies.
Among Alexander’s landmark projects are:
– Representing the state bank of Ireland IBRC in numerous cases on returning the bank’s assets in Russia;
– Representing a major producer of electrical power equipment in a number of corporate disputes and bankruptcy cases;
– Representing a well-known insurance company in disputes arising from credit risks insurance;
– Representing interests of Japanese packaging appliance producer Ishida in a dispute with one of the major producers of seafood in Russia in state commercial courts on debt recovery for supplied and installed equipment;
– Representing world-famous Ford automotive company in a series of disputes.
Alexander is a member of the Moscow City Bar, author of multiple articles and legal reviews on the key issues of dispute resolution, debt recovery and bankruptcy, active participant in major professional legal community’s events as an invited expert.